This is an approved Alcohol Training Awareness Program (ATAP) by the NYS Liquor Authority.
Responsible alcohol service training for servers is not mandated in New York State, however, the NYS Liquor Authority recommends that all licensees and employees who serve or sell alcoholic beverages take an Alcohol Training Awareness Program.
This training is not only an effective way to prevent underage sales or other violations, in the event the Liquor Authority charges you with a violation, proof that your staff has participated in ATAP training may reduce the penalty imposed.
ServSafe NY Alcohol Program promotes individual responsibility and prepares bartenders, servers, hosts, bussers, valets, bouncers and all front-of-house staff to serve alcohol responsibly.
What You Will Learn:
- The legal responsibilities of selling alcohol
- Practical skills to help licensees and their employees avoid violations, including preventing sales to underage persons
- How to evaluate intoxication levels
- Ways to deal with difficult situations
- Reduces the risks associated with serving alcohol and can help mitigate potential fines and legal action
- Involves input from specialists in regulatory agencies, law, insurance, medicine, law-enforcement, restaurants and academia
- Approved by New York State for ATAP certification