The Green Hospitality Initiative
The focus of this grant is to:
- Promote energy conservation
- Promote water conservation
- Reduce the use of hazardous waste material
- To do all of the above while helping restaurants become more profitable as they green their restaurants
- offering free Green Training Workshops along with follow up implementation support for interested restaurants as well as offer a Green Hospitality Initiative Workbook free to download.
The Hospitality Green Cleaning Challenge
The Green Hospitality Challenge (GHC) is a project funded by the New York State Pollution Prevention Institute, via a grant from the Environmental Protection Agency, for the purpose of educating and training the restaurant industry on the value of using non-toxic cleaning and pest control chemicals in their operations. Read more.
Hospitality Green Cleaning Challenge Resources:
- "GHI Green Cleaning Hospitality Training Guidelines and Tools: Lessons Learned" Program Overview
- Hospitality Green Cleaning Challenge – View Case Study
- "Is Your Restaurant Unknowingly Exposing Your Customers and Staff with the Use of Toxic Cleaning and Pest Control Chemicals?" Printable Brochure
- "Toxic Chemical Hazards In the Restaurant Industry" Printable Presentation
The Green Hospitality Water Challenge
The Green Hospitality Water Challenge (GHWC) is a project funded by the New York State Pollution Prevention Institute, via a grant from the Environmental Protection Agency, for the purpose of educating and training the restaurant industry on the value of conserving water in their establishments.
If you would like to participate in this Initiative or know of any restaurants who would, please have them contact:Alan Someck, Environmental Specialist, New York State Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
email@example.com P: 516.448.1504 or 212.398.9160