There was something for everyone at International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of NY
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show, which opened Sunday, March 6, offered 480+ exhibiting companies on an expansive show floor showcasing the newest products and services for the industry. Special feature areas included The Pub, The Japan Pavilion, The Food Trends Experience, Taste NY Food & Craft Beverage Showcase, The Beer and Burger Lounge -- sponsored by Budweiser and One World Beef, the US Pastry Competition -- sponsored by Paris Gourmet, and much more.
"The show floor was buzzing with new feature areas including the Beer and Burger Lounge and The Pub," said Ron Mathews, Vice President, Restaurant and Foodservice Events Portfolio. "We know our attendees enjoy learning about new products they can bring back to their restaurants and foodservice establishments and what better way to learn than in an interactive and entertaining way. These special events and feature areas provided that excitement." Following is an overview of each of the featured areas.
The 23rd Annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York was sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA) and produced by Urban Expositions.
To view photo's from the event Click Here
- Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure that provided direct access to products, flavors, and ingredients driving the most exciting, emerging trends in the market. This is the fastest and most convenient way to see, taste, discover, and learn about new culinary innovations.
- Taste NY Food & Craft Beverage Showcase brought attendees face-to-face with family farmers and purveyors who have made New York State one of America's leading suppliers of food and agricultural products. Food manufacturers will showcase locally grown produce, syrups and sauces, cheese, honey, meats, pasta, wine and baked goods.
- The New Beer & Burger Lounge, sponsored by Budweiser and One World Beef, offered the best burger and beer combination. Attendees tried out the East "meats" West burger bar, uniquely paired with brews from Anheuser Busch.
- The Expanded Pub featured the newest alcoholic beverages from Balearic Beverage USA, Blue Point Brewing Company, Joe IPA, Stella Artois, Spiked Seltzer, Owl's Brew, Leffe, Senor Sangria, Bruce Julian Bloody Mary, Hoegaarden, Nagel, Bush & Wein, LLC, Pray for Snow, Singha Beer, Sixpoint Brewery and more.
- U.S. Pastry Competition - Rising stars of the pastry world competed for the coveted title of Pastry Chef of the Year at Paris Gourmet's U.S. Pastry Competition. The theme for the 2016 competition was Magic & Illusions and new this year was also a Junior Competition.
- Japan Pavilion - For the 10th consecutive year Azix, Inc. organized the Japan Pavilion and introduced a new Shochu area, as well as 3 days of seminars, hosted by Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association.
- Culinary Demonstration Theater - Featured presentations included: The Inaugural Torch Award presentation to Drew Nieporent, NEW Rapid Fire Challenge: Appetizer face-off, and the Beacon Award presentation to Celebrity Chef Sara Moulton.
- Discussion on the Future of Tipping - Experts including Marc Murphy, Chef & Owner Benchmarc Restaurants, Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy, Felice Ekelman of Jackson Lewis, and Melissa Fleischut of the NYS Restaurant Association discussed where the industry is heading on tipping and what options operators have in the current regulatory environment.