NYSRA is hosting our inaugural ROC City Meat Hot Sauce Festival. From banquet facilities, golf courses, pubs, diners to hot dog stands, one commonality that is shared among the Rochester Restaurant community is their version of Rochester Meat Hot Sauce.
Booth Entry Fee will give you a booth entry placement in the event program. We encourage Booth Participants to bring their own signage to decorate their booth along with branded giveaways such as pens, pins, restaurant menu flyers, business cards etc.
- Set-up by 5:30pm March 3rd 2016 at the Burgundy Basin Inn 1361 Marsh Rd Pittsford NY 14534
- Each restaurateur will be responsible for bringing their own recipe of meat hot sauce, ready to use with a warmer such as sterno and chaffing dish, a minimum of 3 gallons. Each restaurant booth will offer .5 oz. sized disposable ramekin of their sauce for any guest to sample by a certified food worker, who must be present at time of service.
- Food Service Establishment must have a valid permit or license that allows for off-site catering. Each FSE most post a copy of a valid permit or license at their booth.
- Food must be consumed at the event, no take-out or sale of food is permitted to attendees.
- NYSRA will supply a 8’ table with linen drape, hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, mac salad, beans, to ensure consistency; the only variable is the individual’s restaurant’s hot sauce
- A panel of judges will judge on flavor, consistency, and spice blend in the following categories:
Most Creative/Original Version Hot Sauce
Most Traditional Version Hot Sauce
- People’s Choice Hot Sauce / Festival Favorite will be judged by consumer attendees
- Guidelines for Booth Participants:
- Eligible Booth Participants must be an established restaurant that serves meat hot sauce on their menu and the entries are open only to Restaurants located in the Greater Rochester Area which is defined by: Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, and Wayne Counties
- Entry by Owner or the Chef, Kitchen Manager, etc. must have permission to use establishments’ recipe for the contest – written consent from the owner.
- Must fall into one of the following categories:
- Diner/Family Restaurant
- Pub/Tavern/Sports Bar
- Hot Dog/Hamburger Joint
- Cart Vendor /Mobile Catering Truck
- Full service Restaurant /Country Club/Golf Course
- Pizzeria/Quick Service/Concession Stand
Note: The NYSRA Rochester Chapter board reserve the right to limit or extend entries.
Entry fee for NYSRA Restaurant Members (in good standing) $25
Entry fee for non NYSRA Restaurants $50
Tear off and mail application with check payable to NYSRA to Kelly Bush 81 Marshall St. Rochester, NY 14607 OR email form and call with Credit Card firstname.lastname@example.org 585-233-8836 by February 19th (booth participant space is limited)
Burgundy Basin, Pittsford, NY Prizes for best product as voted on by board of professional judges and by our guests.
Booth representative’s name:
Booth Entry Fee (circle one): $25 member $50 non-member
Contact Telephone Number:
Restaurant Category (circle one):
Hot Dog/Hamburger Joint
Cart Vendor /Mobile Catering Truck
Full service Restaurant/Country Club/Golf Course
Pizzeria/Quick Service/Concession Stand
For more information email us at RochesterNYSRA@Hotmail.com