This conference will bring together leaders from all aspects of the hospitality industry to discuss and share their expertise regarding sustainability in hospitality organizations and related industries. The sustainability issues that will be addressed will pertain to: Food, Operations, Work Culture and Community.
The day's events will include: continental breakfast networking session; guest speaker presentations; short films; "green flash" presentations on current trends in sustainability; and reception following the conference.
Learn from our many knowledgeable speakers, including:
Hosted by the Global Center for Hospitality Management at New York Institute of Technology, New York State Restaurant Association & Green Hospitality Initiative
- Dr. Rahmat Shoureshi, Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
- Sadri Altinok, President, Turkish Cultural Centers
- Dr. Robert J. Koenig, Associate Dean and Professor of the School of Management and Department of Hospitality Studies, New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
- Alan Someck, Director, Green Hospitality Initiative
- Alan Fairbairn, M.A./C.H.A./C.H.I.A., Professor of the School of Management and Department of Hospitality Studies, New York Institute of Technology(NYIT)
- Alex Askew, President and CEO, BCA Global
- Karen Washington, Co Founder at Black Urban Growers and La Familia Verde
- Hervé Houdré, Regional Director of Operations & General Manager InterContinental New York Barclay
- Vlada Kenniff, Managing Director, Planning, Projections, and Demand Management
- Kyle Thomas, Sustainability Manager, Le Pain Quotidien
- Adanna Roberts, Program Manager, NYC WasteMatch
- Liz Williams, President and Director, Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Maya Shenkman, Director of Hotel Services, Great Forest Inc.
- Magdalene Sim, Director of Communications, Great Forest Inc.
- Steve Sasso, General Manager, The Benjamin in New York
- Naomi Mirsky, Vice-President, Sustainability and Innovation at Denihan Hospitality Group (Denihan)
- Bill Telepan, Chef/Owner of Telepan & Telepan Local
- William Patrick Cornelius, Chef William Creations
- Euripides Pelekanos, Founder & CEO, Bareburger
- Margaret Stapleton, National University Development Manager, Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
- Rob Salvatico, Partner and Senior Vice President, Operations of Jaral Properties, Inc. and Jaral Management Corp.
- Alan Mindel, Operating Partner, Samar Hospitality
- Joel Grassi, Pest Management professional, BHB Pest Elimination